Saturday, November 01, 2008

I swear to God...

...if I get one more Obama campaign email at my @iastate.edu address I'm going to go postal. I don't care how legitimately they "obtained" (read: bought) the permission to spam my inbox with political bullshit for a candidate I don't agree with, the perception is that Iowa State University is aiding and abetting a political campaign, and that's really not cool. To give you an idea of the scope of the issue, in the past week I've (no exaggeration) gotten 10+ Obama campaign spam emails.

I mean, not that it's surprising, seeing as how the VP for Student Affairs (among others in power on campus) is a tool for the Obama campaign, but you would think as a supposed institution of higher learning they would at least attempt to maintain a veneer of impartiality.

Senator Supreme Beloved Leader President-elect Defender of the Homeland Provider for the Poor President Obama, I don't want to give you any money, seeing as how you'll be taking enough of it from me at gunpoint in a few months.