Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Open Questions

Anyone, feel free to answer.

How is it that three of my friends were able to vote without showing any sort of photo ID or in any other way proving a) who they were and b) they lived where they said they lived? This includes one that did same-day registration. Putting it mildly, I have no doubt that I could've easily committed voter fraud numerous times over and gotten away with it.

How is an Obama campaigner able to get away with openly committing fraud (on university property, no less) by printing off fake leases to let students claim Iowa residency?

How is it that some of the major networks were calling Iowa for Obama THREE FUCKING MINUTES after the polls closed and with less than 1% of the precincts reporting? I mean, if they've got a future telling machine, I would be interested in getting my hands on it. And if they don't, exit polls are no way to predict an election.

For the record, I don't have a dog in this fight, as I voted for Barr and I think both of the major candidates are equally repulsive. However, this behavior by the media isn't conducive to a healthy democracy. If they'd like, they can have my handkerchief to wipe some of that white sticky stuff off their chin.