Sunday, December 17, 2006

Anniversary

As of Sunday the 17th, this blog is 2 years and 11 days old. Yeah, I missed the actual two year anniversary, but I think that finals and other end of semester stuff is a good excuse. Plus, given my hit and miss history with posting occasionally, it's kind of fitting. Anyway, it's been about 2 years, and it's been one helluva ride. There's too many people to thank individually, so I'm going to pull a Time and just state that I'd like to thank everyone who's read this, because sharing thoughts and ideas is the whole point of blogging. And that thanks goes double for anyone who's ever commented here, especially the regulars. Sharing ideas is nice, contributing something back is even better.

It's been interesting to have a record of my thoughts/feelings over a period of two years. First off, it's cool to see how my political views have morphed over that time. On the foreign front, I've been rather consistent/constant (9/11 was the big point of change there) but domestically I've definitely become more libertarian inclined. I definitely had libertarian tendencies at the start, but they've become a lot more extremist in past months, not that there's anything wrong with that. Personally, I was gung ho about college, but I've since become more cynical about that. I'm changing my major, which is another big change. But I haven't lost my sense of humor, which is good (basically I still find the same stupid shit funny 2 years ago as I do now).

Most importantly, I still want to serve in the military. Since that's been one of the cores of my existence/future, that's a very good thing.

Anyway, like I said, thanks to all my readers and commenters, and here's to another 2 years (and more).