Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Work Hard and Play Smart"

So sayeth the USAF. Skippy oughta be pleased; it'll just confirm his suspicions about the Air Farce pogues he has to deal with on a regular basis.

Seriously though, who's brainchild is this? A "Culture of Responsible Choices (CoRC)"? This sounds like something out of Office Space. I don't understand the need for catchy phrases and acronyms. It just makes the idea easier to mock. This whole idea comes to me as an overarching way for the USAF to try and exert control over its airmen. Really, as long as I show up to work on time, sober, and ready to work, its none of their business what I do in my off duty time. If I ruled the world (or at least the Air Force) I'd just tell airmen what really matters: if you choose to drink, that's fine. Just don't be stupid about it and don't drive drunk. And for the love of God, make sure you think with the proper head. Other than that, have fun and I'll see you Monday.