Sunday, August 26, 2007

USAF Budget Cuts

Are you Hawg Wild?



Sorry for the lack of substantial content lately, but this semester is going to be a little nuts. 19 credits and being a flight commander. 5 of the credits are in a language class. Chinese. Yeah. According to the DoD, I should have a high aptitude for acquiring languages. In fact, according to my DLAB score, I would theoretically be qualified to head out to the DLIFLC at Monterey and pick up pretty much any language, from French to Farsi. Color me skeptical. And like I said, on top of that, I have one of the most time consuming (but also rewarding) jobs in the Corps this semester. I had two situations within my flight to deal with on the first day. Nothing bad or major, but just more stuff for me to do.

Anyway, the bottom line is that I'm going to be busy. I've got several things on deck (first on the list are some commentary on the USAF's COIN doctrine and "strategy") so we'll see when I'm able to get them up here.

In the meantime, "19 Things I Learned From Movies."
6. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.

<...>

17. One man shooting at 20 men has a better chance of killing them all than 20 men firing at one.
h/t: my roommate Patrick