Friday, November 04, 2005

It's been awhile...

Well, I finally decided to come out of hibernation. As you might have guessed, college has kept me pretty darn busy, what with all the females and libations and such to be found around here in wonderful Ames, IA. Actually, school was kicking my butt pretty good for awhile, then my AFROTC commitment kicked in...I'm involved with this thing called Arnold Air Society, which is, in effect, a fraternity for member of the AFROTC Corps. Obviously, we don't have a house, and we actually learn stuff and do things, as opposed to just party, but that's the best analogy I can think of. As part of joining AAS, you have to go through the Tiger program, which basically means I get to spend 3 hours every Sunday getting a taste of what Field Training will be like. For those of you that don't know, FT is "one of the best times of your life that you will never want to do again." Put more succinctly, it's a month long boot camp for ROTC cadets. Anyway, I'm getting a taste of that every Sunday, which doesn't sound bad...until you consider the prep necessary. Anyway, my point is that I've been super busy.

But now I'm back, momentarily at least. Not sure how regular it will be, but there's a movement afoot amongst the Milblogs that I needed to help get the shout out about. Valour-IT is an organiztion run through Soldier's Angels that provides laptops with voice-controlled software to injured Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines that are recovering in military hospitals from hand/arm injuries and/or amputations. I can't think of a much more worthy cause than supporting our wounded servicemen and women by allowing them to communicate much more regularly with their loved ones. Please, if you have some spare money lying around, donate. This poor college student was able to find some and give. Not to sound stuck up or parochial, but if I can, I'm sure you can as well. Lex puts it quite well (although my traffic isn't quite up to his.)

Oh, and did I mention that it's a competition? Of course it is...this is the military, after all. It's ALWAYS competitive. The Air Force is going up against the Navy, Marines, and Army. I'm sad to say it, but as of now, we're lagging faaaaar behind the squids, jarheads, and ground-pounders. It's rather unacceptable, methinks. There's no excuse for lagging behind the leathernecks by over $2,000, not to mention the absurd amount that we are behind the Army and Navy. So what are you waiting for? Go donate, and donate to the Air Force!!

Uno Ab Alto!!!!

*The button to donate isn't working, so in the meantime, here is a link to the page that contains said button. And remember...GO AIR FORCE!