Sunday, August 07, 2005

Quickies

Yesterday marked the 60th Anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. And of course, we're bombarded with anti-nuclear propaganda, along with guilt trip writing such as this, and this. Rather than taking the time to fault each of their points, I'll simply direct you to someone who has already done all that for me, in a very detailed fashion. Go here for what is probably the most in depth writing you'll see on the subject of "should we or shouldn't we have dropped it." (H/T: Instapundit)

Also, as you may or may not know, the ACLU has finally brought suit against the City of New York to stop their unconstitutional random searches. Eidelblog has much more on the subject.

Speaking of Eidelblog, Perry's been added to the blogroll. Another one of the LLP guys who has become one of my daily reads. Plus, he added me to his, sooooo...you bloggers know how it is. :-p

Anyway, sorry for the lack of writing as of late. I've been pretty busy getting ready to leave for college, and have been splitting what is usually my blogging time into studying for A) my AFOQT, which is the test that follows me around for the rest of my Air Force career and is the test that will have a large bearing on whether or not I get a rated slot, and B) Sun-Tzu, Clausewitz, and Boyd. I'll probably be writing about Sun-Tzu sometime soon, with Boyd to follow and Clausewitz after that.

I'll leave you with one last bit of irreverence, courtesy of Perry again. Seems that when Kim-Jung Il isn't plotting to take over the world or write world-class stage productions to perform in front of Madeline Albright, he instead golfs with nothing but holes in one and can recall every single government phone number in North Korea. Yes, I know...I was thinking the same thing. They have phones there?