Tuesday, February 03, 2009

We get letters...

It would appear that the letter to the Daily I wrote (linked in the hippie post below) got a bit of a response, at least from an ISU alum. Got the following email tonight from the email address idiosynchronic@gmail.com:
Awww . . . poor baby. You never ask, I notice, if the Design students enjoy the frickin' Armory. Too bad you'll no longer be at ISU when they finish their nice big studio space and finally leave you whiners to your own damn facility. About frickin' time, IMO. I hated that damn studio and your mil sci passive aggressiveness.

-id.
Oh, what's that? You were finished? Well, then allow me to retort...

I just assumed, given the pristine condition the design students keep their studios in, that they love the Armory. /sarcasm. In fact, they keep it in such fine condition that the ROTC units were ready to demand that the University put some sort of a covering over their studios so visitors to our units wouldn't be put off by the absolute shit hole that the studios are. I understand that it's a working space, but apparently taking a little pride in your public appearance is too much to ask. (Given the personal appearance of many of them, I can't say I'm surprised.) Also should note that not only do the design students feel the need to keep their part of the Armory a pig sty, but they take the liberty of using (and trashing) space ROTC pays for as well.

I can see why he would call us whiners, though. We get SOOOO much support from the University compared to your sorry selves.

Oh, and for the record? This time when you design the facility try not to fuck it up like you did the Design Building...