Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Presidential Address

I didn't watch it (had better things to do with my time, like watch South Park while pretending to do homework) but I heard it went something like this:



Seriously, halve the deficit by 2013? The war in Iraq might be expensive, but it's not THAT expensive. I see a month in office hasn't stopped his campaign habit of making promises that he knows (along with all the adults in the room) he can't keep. I'm at the point where I don't even care anymore...thanks to policies started under the last few years of Bush and that will only be expanded under Obama, the country is fucked. The best case scenario ends with several years (a decade or more, at least) of economic and social mediocrity, thanks to creating a whole new class of citizen who lives in a post moral hazard America, suckling at the government teat.