Monday, March 19, 2007

Back for a Bit

Sorry for the lack of posting, I was off the net from Wednesday till Saturday, then St. Paddy's Day festivities combined with March Madness conspired to keep me away from the computer until now. The Anthro test I have tomorrow conspires to keep me from posting anything of substance now, but I've got the Al Stewart cranked, so I think I'll be alright. Roads to Moscow is playing now.

In any case, I was out of the loop in southeastern Iowa spending some time at a friend's place, just hanging out, riding some four wheelers, and doing some shooting, among other things. I learned a few things. 1) ARs are a LOT of fun to shoot, even with a scope that needs to be zeroed. 2) The Berreta M9 is a piece of shit. 3) Though few and far in between, there are still more than a few people in this country who think the Constitution means something and are willing to fight for that. Expect more on that later, probably over at The Liberty Papers.

Oh, and I know the squids in the bunch (you know who you are) will be happy to hear of my latest acquisition:

$5.50 in the bargain bin at the Wal-Mart in Oskaloosa, IA, at 12:30 in the morning. You'd be amazed what you can find at Wally World. Anyway, I'm off to finish studying now. Year of the Cat is goin', I think I'll be able to make it.