Sunday, October 29, 2006

THIS IS SPARTA!

Just got done chasing freshmen and a couple sophomores around campus. The short version is that we were doing wargames, but it was for Arnold Air Society, so the actives (people already in) were set up to have significant advantages over the Tigers (people going through the intiation program to join.) For starters, they were in their white pt uniforms, while we were running around in our BDUs. At night. We also had radios, and the advantages of knowing what was going on. Anyway, it was fun; chasing someone down after he's just escaped from the "POW Camp" is a nice feeling, especially when you get to see the look on his face when you pop out of the bushes 10 feet from him. This all comes on top of a wilderness survival weekend where, among other things, I got to lead my group cross-country to rescue a "downed pilot" and find his "gear" (graham crackers and cups.) A good night, except for the fact that it took us almost an hour to find the pilot's "gear" after we found him. Even though it was hidden by the pilot. I think the funniest part of the night was when we got ambushed by a couple of the "terrorists" running around. They were 15 feet away when they lit me up with a flashlight and started "shooting." "You're being shot at! What are you going to do?!?" Me: "Umm...I'm pretty sure I'm dead..."

Anyway, all this wargaming has put me in a martial mood, so I'm putting up the trailer for the 300. If you haven't seen it before, this is going to be one of the better movies of 2007. Enjoy.



Also, I highly recommend going to Apple's site and watching the HD version. The cinematography is gorgeous.