Thursday, January 13, 2005

Odds and Ends

I'm anticipating having time this weekend to blog more than a bit; be expecting some comments on the election of Abu Mazen (Mahmoud Abbas) as the President of the PA, the decline of feminism, and the blatant bias of Newsweek. Oh, and I might get around to working on my Sharansky essay; I've got about a paragraph and a half done. In the meantime, check out the newest member of the East Commons Family. Straight from the nerd section of the Gross High senior class, its Nick W. telling you to Get a Life! While Outsider says this site promises says both comedy and substance, I'm thinking that we need to leave the substance to Outsider and myself and have Nick handle the comedy.

No offense.

Also, you may have noticed that I've added a blogroll in the right column. I try to visit each of these sites at least once a day. The blogroll is divided up into 6 main categories: Milblogs, which are blogs written by active duty or retired military personnel. These are some of the most intelligent and informative blogs around. Iraqi blogs, which are where you will find some of the most reasonable and even-minded debates regarding the situation in Iraq, from both sides of the argument. Foreign Policy, which is where us conservatives go to learn about our evil neo-con plan to take over the world. Seriously, between the Belmont Club's incisive..insight, and the Winds of Change's great round-ups of various hotspots, these blogs are the best place to go for one-stop shopping on world events. The Big Boys, which are the kings of the blogosphere. Miscellaneous, which is where I put IMAO and Get a Life, my two comedy sites, and the Banty Rooster, which doesn't really fit into any of the above categories. You'll just have to visit it to find out. And finally, there's my friend's Xangas or equivalent, where you can go if you wish to get some angst, since there is none here.

So, there you have it. When you get a chance, I heartily recommend checking out each and every one of the sites on my blogroll. I can guarantee you'll learn something new every time you visit. With the exception of the Xangas. All you'll get there is a hearty dose of angst.

Before I go, I'll leave you with this story about how the American-Muslim community is getting up in arms over the fact that an American-Muslim family is depicted as a sleeper terrorist cell in Fox's hit show, "24." The story itself is pretty self explanatory, but I found a quotation in the story that is hard to believe.

" The Fox television network said on Thursday it will provide its stations with TV spots that portray Muslims in a favorable way after it received complaints for featuring followers of Islam as terrorists on its hit television show "24.""

And all those bearded guys in the Middle East walking around with turbans on while they blow stuff up must be Mennonites. Ah, where would we be without political correctness?