Friday, November 28, 2008

Valour-IT

By now anyone who reads this blog should know what Valour-IT is. If you don't, check this out. This is a subject near and dear to my heart because if I somehow lost the use of my hands, being able to operate a computer would be at the top of the list of things I would be wanting to do but unable. The program has expanded to include Wii game systems for use in physical therapy sessions and GPS devices for use in compensating for short term memory loss and organizational challenges in those who have suffered TBI or have severe PTSD. The TBI aspect was brought into sharp relief the other day when I found out that a guy I know from grade school and junior high who is a Marine currently deployed to Afghanistan took a grenade to the face. He's fine, just some superficial damage from the fragments, but the concussion hit him hard enough to knock him out, putting him at risk for TBI.

I'm not going to blow a lot of smoke, because in the words of Sgt. Drucker, this kind of shit here sells itself. Either you are or you aren't willing to donate to a cause like this, and I don't think there's much I can say that will sway your opinion one way or the other. However, I will point out two things of note: First, Chris over at The AnarchAngel is auctioning off a Sig P6/P225 handgun. The gun, two mags, a holster, and some nice looking wood grips can all be yours if you are the top contributor. Second, SJS has brought back his annual challenge. While I'm a little under the weather and still too swamped at the moment to think of any clever return fire, I'll just steal something from Buck and point out that the all Bug airwing can really do a lot with its organic tanker support. Oh wait...

Our tankers might be ancient, but at least we still HAVE tankers.



Sticky post will remain on top until the end of the competition; scroll down for new content.