Monday, April 28, 2008

What you can find in the Tiers

Or, why going exploring in the Library is a bad idea.

For those of you who don't know what the Tiers are, they're the old section of the library that the newer library was built around. They're basically cinderblock rooms filled with nothing but shelves full of books. They're usually deserted.

To answer the first one, did you know that ISU had a very detailed nuclear war survival plan that was written in 1962? Did you also know that Parks Library has a copy of it? I discovered it tonight.

To answer the second, I went looking for a copy of Benjamin O. Davis Jr.'s autobiography in order to write a book report for my History of Black Power class. Half an hour later, I ended up leaving with that, as well as two other books regarding the use of airpower in counter-insurgency warfare. Oops. A little light reading to distract myself in between studying.